I am writing to invite you to participate in the 2018 KMTA Composers Recital, which will be held at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 14th, 2018 during the KMTA State Conference at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville. This annual event is a wonderful opportunity to share your work with a large group of teachers and performers as well as an opportunity to meet and interact with fellow Kentucky composers.
Participating composers should join or be current members of KMTA.
Pieces under 12 minutes in duration would be ideal, but longer pieces are a possibility if there is enough room on the program.
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please let me know by June 1st.
For the program, I will send me the following information– exactly as you would like to see it printed in the program–no later than August 15th
- Title, composer, year of composition.
- Length in minutes.
- Performers’ names and instruments.
- Brief program notes (a short paragraph or a couple sentences).
- Brief bio of the composer (a short paragraph or two).
- Bios for all performers (1-3 sentences each).
- Also, please include a list of all performance needs (e.g. piano, music stand).
Note: your KMTA membership must be current for you to participate!
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
KMTA Chair of Composer Commissioning
Professor/Coordinator of Theory and Composition Area
School of Music
Eastern Kentucky University