KMTA provides all sorts of performance and education opportunities for both teachers and students of all instruments!
Here are just some of what we offer:
- Lots of different competitions!
- The KMTA Bluegrass Competition is for young musicians in Kentucky. This competition is open to piano, voice, woodwind, brass, percussion, guitar, organ, and strings. Both solo and chamber ensembles are allowed to compete.
- The MTNA National Competition is open to piano, strings, voice, woodwind, and brass instruments and allows students in Kentucky the opportunity to advance and compete against students in the Southern Division and National-level competitions.
- The Memorial Scholarship Piano Competition, sponsored by the Ashland Area Music Teachers Association, is open to any high school graduate under the age of 26 living in Eastern Kentucky. This is an excellent way to motivate advanced students to reach their fullest potential in piano artistry.
- We have regional festivals and workshops that benefit both teachers and students!
- During our annual State Conference, the top young soloists and chamber ensembles are able to perform in the State Honors Recital.
- Most young pianists don’t get the opportunity to play in larger groups. Our All-State Piano Ensemble makes piano playing a group effort, with students and teachers both performing larger works for piano ensemble.
- Don’t forget our KMTA State Conference which offers lots of educational workshops, masterclasses, and performances by both teachers and students!
KMTA Upcoming Events Calendar
Curious about what’s coming up? We have a full calendar of events for all of our state and local events. If you know of an event that isn’t listed, please email the webmaster!