2022 KMTA Conference
The 2022 Conference will be held at Campbellsville University on October 14-15.
Early registration is $65 until September 25!
The 2022 KMTA conference is almost here! This year we will celebrate our 70th annual KMTA conference at Campbellsville University on Friday and Saturday, October 14-15, 2022.
Our conference will feature tenor Daniel Weeks and pianist Donna Loewy as our conference artists and clinicians. Mr. Weeks and Ms. Loewy will perform a concert on Friday evening AND conduct a collaborative master class for both singers and pianists on Saturday. We also have a wonderful line-up of presentations scheduled over the weekend.
Collegiate members are encouraged to attend free of charge! Opportunities for our collegiate members include lightning round sessions on Friday, and a complimentary luncheon for collegiate members/faculty advisors on Saturday. Questions about collegiate activities can be directed to Dr. Richard Van Dyke (email@example.com). He is still looking for a few individuals to take part in the lightning round sessions.
We also are excited for this year’s composers concert, which will feature an original work for cello and piano by our 2022 commissioned composer Larry Barnes, along with other original works by Kentucky composers.
Register today! Registration is $65 until September 25, 2022. Registrations received after 9/25/22 are $75.
Letter from Conference Coordinator
We hope that you have already saved the date for the annual KMTA conference this October 14-15, 2022 at Campbellsville University in Campbellsville, KY. This is a special year as KMTA celebrates our 70th annual conference.
The organization is excited to welcome tenor Daniel Weeks and pianist Donna Loewy as our conference artists and clinicians. In addition to a Friday evening concert, Mr. Weeks and Ms. Loewy will hold a masterclass for singers and pianists on Saturday morning.
The conference will feature some exciting sessions, and we will welcome back the state Honors Recital event as part of the conference weekend on Saturday, October 15.
The conference will close with our traditional Composer’s Concert featuring a work for cello and piano by commissioned composer Larry Barnes, and other works from Kentucky composers.
Conference registration will be up soon. Please see the information below regarding the conference schedule and conference hotels.
We look forward to seeing you this October!
Past State Conferences
Looking for info about a past conference?
This list has the current president, location, conference artist, and commissioned composer of each KMTA conference along with a link to more information, if available.
- 2021 Nina Belle Durr, Northern Kentucky University (joint with OhioMTA), Aaron Diehl, Thomas Couvillon
- 2020 Zachary Lopes, Online, Ann Schein, Dr. Matthew Herman
- 2019 Zachary Lopes, Central Lexington Public Library, Carr-Petrova Duo, Gyuli Kambarova
- 2018 Bernardo Scarambone, Galt House/KMAC, Sylvia Thereza, Dr. Steve Rouse
- 2017 Bernardo Scarambone, Transylvania U, Dr. Gregory Partain, Dr. Timothy Polashek
- 2016 Diana Aubrey, Courtyard by Marriott Hotel/UofL/Bellarmine, Harry Pickens, Richard Crosby
- 2015 Diana Aubrey, WKU, Latitude 49, Steven Weimer
- 2014 William Budai, Campbellsville, Stephen Beus, Larry Barnes
- 2013 William Budai, MuSU, Frederic Chui, Kurt Sander
- 2012 David Oyen, MoSu, Eunbyol Ko, Joseph Baber
- 2011 David Oyen, EKU, Bernardo Scarambone, Thomas Couvillon
- 2010 Krista Wallace-Boaz, U of L, Haochen Zhang, Richard Crosby
- 2009 Krista Wallace-Boaz, NKU, Cincinnati Opera, Greg Danner
- 2008 Vicki McVay, Campbellsville, Charles Rosen, Richard Burchard
- 2007 Vicki McVay, Centre College, Orion Weiss and Bavarian Philharmonic, Teresa Tedder
- 2006 Richard Scott, Transylvania U., showcase Recital, Joseph Barber
- 2005 Richard Scott, MoSU, Phillip Kevern, Gregory Partian
- 2004 Carol Dennes, MuSU, P. Karp and Eli Kalman, K. Holm-Hudson
- 2003 Carol Dennes, UK, Irina Voro, Richard Crosby
- 2002 Donald Speer, UofL, Stanislav Loudenitch, Michael Kallstom
- 2001 Donald Speer, EKU, Hayward Mickens, Sonny Burnette
- 2000 Diana Aubrey, NKU, Sergei Polusmiak, Charles W. Smith
- 1999 Diana Aubrey, Campbellsville, Cate Arroe, Larry Bitensky
- 1998 Denine LeBlanc, MuSU, Enid Katahn, Marc Satterwhite
- 1997 Denine LeBlanc, BG/Warren Co. Cntr., S. Kersenbaum, J. Curnow
- 1996 Janet Bass Smith, MoSU, Weekley and Arganbright, A.C. Moore
- 1995 Janet Bass Smith, UK, Alan Hersh, James Moore
- 1994 Stephen Brown, Ashland Plaza, Lee Luvisi, Frederick Speck
- 1993 Stephen Brown, U of L, McHugh-Oliphant Duo, Steve Rouse
- 1992 David Doran, WKU, S. Kersenbaum and E. Kersenbaum, J. Steffa
- 1991 David Doran, EKU, Richard Crosby, Christopher White
- 1990 Patricia Montgomery, MuSU, R. Slenczynska, M.N. McClellan
- 1989 Patricia Montgomery, U of L, Brenda Kee, Michael Kallstrom
- 1988 Wesley Roberts, UK, Nelita True, Larry Barnes
- 1987 Wesley Roberts, SBTS, Anthony Thurman, David Doran
- 1986 Ronald Boud, MoSU, Ann Schein, Nelson Keyes
- 1985 Ronald Boud, Campbellsville, G. Lucktenberg, Paul Brink
- 1984 Ronald Boud, EKU, Roe Van Boskirk, Kenneth Timm
- 1983 Larry Schenck, UK, UK Orchestra with P. Montegomery, J. Flippin
- 1982 Jean Huffman, Centre College, L. Keenan, M. Hinson, J. Chrisman, J. Carden
- 1981 Jean Huffman, U of L, David Kaiserman, Richard Bromley
- 1980 Marie Hargett, MuSU, A. and J. Paratore, Christopher Gallaher
- 1979 Marie Hargett, MoSU, Larry Keenan, Theodore Diakonoff
- 1978 Dorothy Hartsell, WKU, S. Kersenbaum, Claude Baker
- 1977 Dorothy Hartsell, U of L, Lee Luvisi, Jerome Seig
- 1976 Edgar Minor, UK, No record, Bennie Beach
- 1975 Edgar Minor, UK, Enid Katahn, Dan Welcher
- 1974 Larry Keenan, Louisville BG Cntr., No record, R. Hensel
- 1973 Larry Keenan, EKU, No record, Nelson Keyes
- 1972 Dorothy Spalding, SBTS, L. and I. Freundlich, Joseph Barber
- 1971 Dorothy Spalding, Berea, Dorothy and Carl Lewis, V. Severy
- 1970 John Winter, MuSU, No record, Paul Shahan
- 1969 John Winter. UK, Stockholm University Chorus, J. Woodward
- 1968 Glenn Fulbright, MoSU, Lenox Quartet, Frederick Mueller
- 1967 Glenn Fulbright, U of L, Lee Luvisi, Phillip Landgrave
- 1966 Glenn Fulbright, EKU, Grant Johannesen, NA
- 1965 Glenn Fulbright, WKU, Ruth Slenczynska, Phillip Landgrave
- 1964 Maurice Hinson, SBTS, SBTS Oratorio Chorus, NA
- 1963 Maurice Hinson, UK, Jung Ja Kim, NA
- 1962 John Chrisman, MoSU, William Newman, NA
- 1961 John Chrisman, Berea, Janos Starker and Leon Pommers, NA
- 1960 John Chrisman, MuSU, Louisville String Quartet, NA
- 1959 John Chrisman, KY Hotel, Louisville, LO and KOA, NA
- 1958 Jane Campbell, EKU, The Medley’s, NA
- 1957 Jane Campbell, UK, No record, NA
- 1956 Jane Campbell, U of L, Frances and Howard Karp, NA
- 1955 Jane Campbell, Berea, Berea College Music Faculty, NA
- 1954 Helen Greim, U of L, No record, NA
- 1953 Helen Greim, UK, No record, NA
- 1952 Helen Greim, UK, No record, NA