Are you a private music teacher in Kentucky?
If so, you should join the Kentucky Music Teachers Association (KMTA) and its umbrella organization the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)!
Benefits of Membership
Hear what MTNA members have to say about the benefits of their membership:
KMTA/MTNA provide all sorts of benefits for private music teachers of all instruments:
- MTNA is the largest (21,000 members) and oldest (founded in 1876) national music teachers association.
- MTNA offers a national composition competition. I believe only NAfME offers something similar.
- MTNA offers state recommended progressive theory exams as well as performance exams through its state affiliates (like KMTA).
- Senior and Young Artist divisions of MTNA competitions are open to instruments besides piano, like strings, woodwind, brass, voice!
- All teachers could benefit from available discounts such as Office Depot/Office Max.
- Monthly webinars are of interest to all musician teachers, not just pianists.
- Other remarkable selling points for MTNA membership are credit card processing, debt collection services, business-related legal documents, guides for zoning issues and the like.
- MTNA gives financial assistance to teachers and students through the Foundation Fund.
- MTNA’s Certification program is unique as an incentive for any musician teacher of any instrument to attain a nationally recognized teaching certificate.
All these benefits and bonuses are ancillary, though.
MTNA and KMTA are primarily organizations devoted to advancing the value of music study, performance, and appreciation.
By bringing music teachers of all instruments together, we can foster an enthusiasm and appreciation for music education as well as support those that make such an education possible!
Join KMTA Today!
When joining, make sure to add a membership to your local association! KMTA has 11 local associations promoting events in your area. Participate and help your local association make music in Kentucky!