Kentucky Music Teachers Association
Affiliated with Music Teachers National Association
KMTA is a nonprofit educational organization representing music teachers in studios, conservatories, music schools, public schools, private schools, colleges, and universities. The purpose of KMTA is to further music education in the state of Kentucky and to nurture growth and professional development by providing programs that encourage and support teaching, performance, composition, and research.
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE!
Take a few minutes to browse. Click on any of the tabs above to find out
more about KMTA activities. Let us know if you have any questions, and
thanks for visiting!
The mission of the Kentucky Music Teachers Association is to advance the value of music study, music making, and music appreciation and enjoyment to
Kentuckians and to support the professionalism of Kentucky music teachers.
The Kentucky MTA believes music study is integral to the education, development, and enhancement of each Kentuckian, and the rich cultural
history of the Commonwealth is ideal for the promotion of individual, collective, and diverse artistic expression.
To lead our state in this vision, Kentucky MTA will:
1) improve the level of professionalism within the field of applied music teaching
2) help the public readily identify competent music teachers in their communities
3) support programs to financially assist music teachers and students with their educational pursuits
4) advocate for the support of music and music education
5) foster programs that provide diverse high quality musical experiences
6) support local associations and student chapters by providing incentive funding programs and grant information
Approved Tuesday, October 25, 2005