I am writing to invite you to participate in the 2016 KMTA Composers Recital, which will be held during the KMTA State Conference at the Transylvania University in Lexington (November 5 – 6). This annual event is a wonderful opportunity to share your work with a large group of teachers and performers as well as an opportunity to meet and interact with fellow Kentucky composers.
The requirements for participation are relatively straightforward:
- Participating composers should join or be current members of KMTA.
- Pieces of 8-12 minutes would be ideal, but longer pieces are a possibility if there is enough room on the program.
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please let me know. You can contact me with any questions at Thomas.Couvillon@eku.edu
For the program, I will send me the following information– exactly as you would like to see it printed in the program–no later than Sept. 15th, 2017.
- Title, composer, year of composition
- Length in minutes
- Performers’ names and instruments
- Brief program notes (a short paragraph or a couple sentences)
- Brief bio of composer (a short paragraph or two)
- Bios for all performers (1-3 sentences each)
Also, please include a list of all performance needs (e.g. piano, music stand)
Remember: your KMTA membership must be current for you to participate!